A Guide To Choosing The Best Memory Foam Mattress
Memory foam mattresses are an increasingly popular option – they’re comfortable, long-lasting, and great value for money. Unfortunately, it can be hard to choose the one that’s just right for you, because there are so many available. To help you make the right decision we’ve collected information on some of the top-selling mattresses, added some reviews of leading models and brought it all together in one easy to understand guide. Now you can narrow down your choices to find the one that suits you perfectly.
Finding The Top Memory Foam Mattresses
With so many memory foam mattresses to choose from it’s not easy to come up with a shortlist of the best ones. We think we’ve managed, though! Here’s how we did it:
1) We searched Amazon.com to find best-selling products based on ranking and consumer satisfaction. Every one of the products we chose is an excellent choice, but we want you to find the best of the best.
2) We studied the customer feedback and used that to rank each product in various categories, from one to five stars. Things we looked at include features, reviews, and pricing.
3) Our Comparison Chart lets you compare every feature and quickly see which one suits you best. It includes all the most vital information from our reviews and brings it together for your convenience.
Our ratings are based on everything we could find online. We recommend that once you’ve made your decision you buy through Amazon; their prices are usually the best available and they offer excellent buyer protection.
What Features To Look For
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a mattress, but a few of them are key. Get these right and you’ll be almost guaranteed a good night’s sleep. Once you’ve covered the basics everything else is just down to personal preference. Here are the most important things we look at:
- Construction. A memory foam mattress isn’t just a simple slab. Layers of different density foam are combined to give the best level of support. We consider how each mattress is put together and what that means for you.
- Firmness. We all have different tastes in mattresses, so what’s perfect for one person could be too hard (or soft!) for someone else. If you have skeletal problems you may also need a firmer mattress to support your joints.
- Ventilation. A badly ventilated mattress can leave you uncomfortable in warm weather. Manufacturers are now using different techniques to avoid this. We look at how well air can flow through the mattress.
- Covering. The quality of the cover material can make or break a mattress. It’s also strongly affected by personal taste. We give you as much detail as possible to help you make the right decision.
Types of Foam Mattresses
It’s important to be aware that not all foam mattresses are memory foam. If you see a mattress that’s priced far below what you expect it may be something different. Cheap mattresses may be made of a single layer of foam. This has the advantage of simplicity and low price, but it may not be the bargain you think it is. The effectiveness of memory foam comes from the multi-layered construction. Each layer has different functions; the lower one provides support while the upper ones mold themselves to the shape of your body in response to heat and pressure. A simple foam mattress can’t do that; it relies on a single piece of foam and it’s always a compromise between comfort and support. You may save money initially but you won’t get all the benefits of a quality item. They don’t last long either; cheap foam quickly loses its spring, so you’ll be replacing it every couple of years. On the other hand memory foam lasts much longer – most models come with a 20-year warranty!
Is Memory Foam Right For You?
Our reviews and comparisons assume that you’ve already decided on a memory foam mattress. Does that make sense? After all traditional innerspring mattresses are still widely available and can be very competitively priced. Should you be going for one of these instead of memory foam?
We don’t think so. Memory foam offers significant benefits. It’s more comfortable, better for your muscles and bones, and far more durable. You won’t be plagued with sagging springs or worn padding. What you get is a comfortable, long-lasting mattress that will pay for itself several times over.
We’ve Done The Research
It’s obvious that choosing the right mattress isn’t just a matter of finding one that fits your bed. There are many things to be considered, and it can be very difficult to decide between leading models. That’s why we’ve done our research and published our findings.
Now you can easily compare leading memory foam mattresses, decide which features are most important to you, and pick out the models that fit your needs. You’ll be able to make the right choice at the right price using our reviews and handy Comparison Chart.
Disclaimer: Prices, offers, and other information on this site might differ from what you see on Amazon. It’s because prices often change without notice as do customer feedback as more is added. In using this site you agree that we cannot be held responsible for any and all differences in information between our site and third party sites, including Amazon. We also take no responsibility for how other sites run their business. We receive a commission on some or all mentioned products on this site when we refer sales.